As our business is expanding thanks to our innovative offering, we are now looking to reinforce the Construction & Design department with a packaging engineer.
This is a full-time position located in Helsingborg.
More about the role
As a packaging engineer you will be involved from an early stage of the customer need analysis together with Boxon´s Account managers and sometimes at the customer site all the way to presenting a solution that involves design, production and freight. On a monthly basis you will be responsible for 8-12 customer projects continuously, but always with the support of rest of the team.
The work is performed in close cooperation with the sales department located in Germany/France and your colleagues located in Helsingborg.
Example of tasks/assignments
- Development of bespoke and standardized packaging solutions in close co-operation with sales department.
- Optimization of existing packaging solutions.
- From a portfolio of 150 suppliers, Identify and conduct your projects with the most suitable manufacturers based on cost, location and availability.
- Supporting the sales team where your main focus will be the sales team in Germany/France that handles the European market.
- Optimization of current processes and developing new ones if needed.
- Sharing best practises with the team in order to develop individually and as team.
What you get
- The opportunity to join a family-owned company with great values and sound finances.
- An innovative and modern working environment that has embraced the new digital way of working.
- A dynamic team with a professional mindset.
- Great onboarding.
- High level of responsibility
- To participate in regional and international business projects.
We believe that you have a couple of years experience working with packaging development for heavy industry or logistics as a packaging engineer/designer. Furthermore, we believe that you have:
- A degree in packaging design or similar
- Excellent skills in CAD(ArtiosCAD or AutoCAD)
- Excellent English skills, both written and spoken.
- Good Office 365 skills
- Available to travel, approximately 20-30 days/year.
- If you have skills in German, this is considered meritorious.
We believe you have the following skills
- Structured: You have the ability to handle multiple stakeholders in different projects while maintaining an eye for details and documentation.
- Communication skills: You have the ability to explain complex technical design in a simple and understandable way.
- Takes initiative: You are willing to go the extra mile and not afraid to take matters into your own hand to secure e.g., project delivery.
- Business acumen: You understand the business value of the solutions you put forward and the implications thereof.
- Pressure: You are used to working with many simultaneous projects/stakeholders in a structured way.
Boxon is an innovative business partner that offer intelligent packaging concepts with full traceability and meeting our customers’ needs, and by that create strategic values. We analyze the outside world, inspire to new ideas and quickly design innovative solutions that continuously secure the packaging flow, from order to delivery. Our focus is primary companies within the industry-, trade- logistics- and automotive segments seeking a long-term partner. Boxon operates in the Nordics, Europe and Asia. Head office is in Helsingborg, Sweden. Our business involves approx. 270 employees and our turnover is approx. 130 million Eur.